As someone who works in channel sales, you probably thrive most when you’re in front of customers. We get it. But given our current circumstances, traveling and meeting with people just can’t happen. Don’t let that set you back! We’ve pulled together a list of tips and tricks to help you stay in touch with customers and get the most out of each day as you continue to move your business forward .
- Create a routine. Maintaining a normal schedule can help keep you focused. Set an alarm and create a routine that works for you. Do you like going for a run every morning? Or do you prefer to catch up on emails with your morning cup of coffee? Blocking out periods of time on your calendar to work on certain tasks is great way to keep your projects moving. Be sure to build in breaks, as studies have shown that frequent breaks actually increase productivity. Pick the approach that allows you to be most effective.
- Pick up the phone. Sounds obvious, right? But think of it this way. You aren’t traveling and neither is anybody else. Customers are more accessible now than they ever have been before and will ever be again. Make it your mission to call each and every one of your customers. Reaching out to them during this difficult time and making a personal connection shows that you value your relationship, which can open the door for other business-centric conversations.
- Get moving. Stay-at-home orders and social distancing have forced us to take advantage of modern conveniences more than ever before: grocery delivery, on-demand entertainment, online social gatherings. But it also means that long periods of not leaving the house or even your couch can become an unhealthy habit. As you structure your day, be sure to build in some time to go for a walk, do some pushups, walk up & down your stairs a few times. Heck, dance around your living room if you want. Just get moving. You’ll feel better.
- Sharpen your skills. Now that you’re not traveling and visiting customers, use all that time you’re getting back to hone your craft. Companies of all types are offering webinars and other training opportunities. Managed security still a mystery? Always wanted to learn what all those SD-WAN features actually do? Now’s the time to learn. In fact, Nitel makes all past webinar content available on-demand on our website.
- Cross things off your to-do list. You likely have a list of projects you’ve been meaning to get to for months. Do you need to clean up your contacts? When did you last take a close look at your website copy? Take care of these projects that have been hanging over your head now so you can really hit the ground running once we’re able to resume normal business operations.
Current circumstances are forcing all of us to rethink every aspect of our lives. With some planning and flexibility, we’ll all find new ways to move forward. As always, if you have a question or an opportunity that requires our attention, please reach out to your channel manager or firstname.lastname@example.org.