At Nitel, we have a smart, energetic and interesting group of people who make up our team. The unique set of experiences, skills and interests they each bring helps shape who we are as company. Regional channel director Charles Bates brings 14 years of sales and telecom experience and 11 years of channel experience to Nitel. We sat down with Charles to learn a little more about him.
- What are three words you would choose to describe yourself?
Honest, trustworthy and fun.
- And to describe working at Nitel?
Hard-working, driven and responsive.
- What’s your proudest moment working at Nitel?
Winning Rookie of the Year and qualifying for President’s Club my first year.
- What advice would you give to someone starting their career in telecom?
Outwork your competition, always be responsive and get to know your products well.
- How do you define success?
Having a great family life and doing my duties at work to perform at the highest level.
- What’s your motto or personal mantra?
Do what you say you are going to do.
- Talk about something you’re passionate about outside of work.
Two things I am passionate about our Fantasy Football and my family. I love helping coach my son’s baseball and soccer teams and watching my daughter do dance and tumbling. I also enjoy spending time watching movies and TV series with my wife.
- What’s your favorite movie?
I have to go with Shawshank Redemption and Wedding Crashers
- Name one item on your bucket list.
- What’s your favorite place you’ve traveled to?