At Nitel, we have a smart, energetic and interesting group of people who make up our team. The unique set of experiences, skills and interests they each bring helps shape who we are as company. Pat Canzano, regional vice president of North channel sales, brings 20 years of sales experience, 15 years of telecom experience and 12 years in the channel. We sat down with Pat to learn a little more about him.
- Can you provide a brief summary of your experience in the channel?
I have supported the channel in both sales and account management functions. I have directly been involved in developing partners to sell and retain clients as an account manager and have held a succession of leadership positions supporting teams geared at retention, sales and partner development.
- What are three words you would choose to describe yourself?
Dedicated, analytical and optimistic.
- And to describe working at Nitel?
Exciting, collaborative and fun!
- What is most rewarding about your job?
Seeing and experiencing the excitement a team member has when they successfully achieve an objective.
- What is something you have learned while working at Nitel?
We can accomplish so much when the teams all work together. Everyone works to make sure we are doing everything we can to deliver for our customers.
- If you were a Nitel service, which one would you be and why?
SD-WAN: It’s new, exciting and is disrupting the way communication services have historically been provided.
- What’s your motto or personal mantra?
Always strive to be the best version of yourself and have fun along the way!
- Talk about something you’re passionate about outside of work.
Skiing – I love the winter and try to get out on the snow skiing as often as I can. It is even better now as I get to enjoy skiing with both my sons (7 and 4 years old).
- What’s your favorite place you’ve traveled to?
I had the opportunity to study abroad in Australia when I was in college. It was a beautiful country that offered so much. I visited Sydney, the Outback (Central Australia), and northeastern Australia to see the rain forests and Great Barrier Reef.