At Nitel, we have a smart, energetic and interesting group of people who make up our team. The unique set of experiences, skills and interests they each bring helps shape who we are as company. Darrin Kay, regional channel director of the Pacific Northwest, brings over 25 years of telecom experience and 10 years in the channel to Nitel. We sat down with Darrin to learn a little more about him.
- What’s your proudest moment working at Nitel?
Having revenue on the board my first month!
- What is something you have learned while working at Nitel?
Mostly I have learned a lot about the company and it is great to be part of an organization that is so focused on its customers, partners and employees.
- What advice would you give to someone starting their career in telecom?
It takes a while to learn and feel comfortable so stick with it because it will pay off.
- How do you define success?
Achieving or exceeding your desired goals in different areas of your life while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
- Name one item on your bucket list. To travel to different parts of the world on a passage-making boat under 50 feet in length, seeing and experiencing people and places not often reached by land travel.
- If you were a Nitel service, which one would you be and why? Cloud Connect because I love to connect with people from different walks of life and hold onto relationships for a long time.