At Nitel, we have a smart, energetic and interesting group of people who make up our team. The unique set of experiences, skills and interests they each bring helps shape who we are as company. Annie Dempsey, a regional channel director in New England, brings 8 years of sales and 22 years of telecom experience to Nitel. We sat down with Annie to learn a little more about her.
- Can you provide a brief summary of your experience in the channel?
Having been an account manager previously, I spent 100% of my time taking care of my partners and their customers by providing excellent training and acting as a consultant. It was a natural transition for me to become a regional channel director at Nitel where I continue to provide partners with outstanding support and training to help them succeed with their customers.
- What are three words you would choose to describe yourself?
Determined, motivated and loyal.
- And to describe working at Nitel?
Strategic, secure and dedicated.
- What is most rewarding about your job?
Problem solving for partners and being able to make my mark in this New England market by educating partners about what’s happening at Nitel.
- What is something you have learned while working at Nitel?
I have learned what a truly profitable organization looks like and how we maintain our profitability by making true business decisions, not just about putting up numbers.
- What advice would you give to someone starting their career in telecom?
Telecom is like water coming from a hose; it is ever changing. You have to be eager to constantly learn and understand. It is not an industry for those that are not willing to continually adjust. It is imperative to have a thirst for learning all the time and to truly understand, not just learn buzz words. Those are the ones that make it in this industry.
- Talk about something you’re passionate about outside of work.
My children. I have two beautiful daughter’s that are now all grown up and in their 20’s. They bring me great joy watching them become successful and evolving adults. I am also a newlywed and every day I am excited to see what life brings.
- Name one item on your bucket list.
Hike the Appalachian trail from Georgia to Maine
- If you were a Nitel service, which one would you be and why?
Managed Security – It provides protection and security much like I do to my family – always on the look for new threats and providing a fix.