At Nitel, we have a smart, energetic and interesting group of people who make up our team. The unique set of experiences, skills and interests they each bring helps shape who we are as company. Regional channel director Bridget Kang brings 12 years of sales and 5 years of telecom experience to Nitel. We sat down with Bridget to learn a little more about her.
- Can you provide a brief summary of your experience in the channel?
I have worked in direct sales and account management where I was assigned to Channel accounts. This introduced me to a whole new world of telecom sales. The channel adds so much value and more dimension to solutions for their customers. I love working in the channel.
- What is most rewarding about your job?
I love hearing that “Aha” moment with partners and customers when they really understand how Nitel is different.
- What is something you have learned while working at Nitel?
I have learned that every partner is different, and everyone brings a different kind of value to the table!
- What advice would you give to someone starting their career in telecom?
Listen more and talk less. This is something I’m trying to work on every day.
- Do you belong to any professional organizations?
The Alliance of Channel Women, Michigan State University Alumni Association
- Talk about something you’re passionate about outside of work.
I am passionate about so many things outside of work. I play sports all year long – volleyball, softball, kickball (yes, a kickball league!), archery, paddleboarding, kayaking. In the summer, my kids and I spend a lot of time on the lake, boating, swimming or just floating. On the flip side, I have some serious nerd tendencies. I coach my daughter’s Lego Robotics team, take her to hacking conventions, and I am a member of two book clubs. I like to think I am equal parts Big Bang Theory, Katniss Everdeen and Clair Dunphy from Modern Famiy.
- Name one item on your bucket list.
I want to take my children to England and see where my ancestors are from.
- What’s your favorite place you’ve traveled to?
I spent a month in the Swiss Alps in college. We hiked into a mountain chalet in the Swiss National Park and the Matterhorn, camped, biked, cooked out under the stars, and made great memories!
- If you were a Nitel service, which one would you be and why?
I would probably be an internet/SIP circuit. I want to do multiple things at once and have a conversation at the same time.