At Nitel, we have a smart, energetic and interesting group of people who make up our team. The unique set of experiences, skills and interests they each bring helps shape who we are as company. Crystal Farley , regional vice president of South channel sales, brings 21 years of telecom experience and 14 years in the channel to Nitel. We sat down with Crystal to learn a little more about her.
- What are three words you would choose to describe yourself?
Passionate, competitive and adventurous.
- And to describe working at Nitel?
Momentum, positive and channel-focused.
- What is most rewarding about your job?
Having the chance to work with some of the most talented regional channel directors in my career. Also, coming in each day knowing we all make a difference. Ideas are implemented, different departments collaborate proactively.
- What is something you have learned while working at Nitel?
Automation drives revenue.
- What advice would you give to someone starting their career in telecom?
Be prepared to give 110% or pick another field. Competition is fierce.
- How do you define success?
Happiness, good health and knowledge.
- What’s your motto or personal mantra?
Don’t be your own worst enemy.
- Talk about something you’re passionate about outside of work.
I’m passionate about spending each weekend with my family at the farm creating memories while maintaining land that has been with us for the last 100 years. Having the ability to play in the creek I enjoyed as a child is energizing. My weekends involve tractors, goats, donkeys and UTV’s which is a far cry from my Monday thru Friday life in Plano, Texas.
- Name one item on your bucket list.
Kayaking in Finland.