At Nitel, we have a smart, energetic and interesting group of people who make up our team. The unique set of experiences, skills and interests they each bring helps shape who we are as company. Chris Shubert, our director of business development and Nitel Elite has 26 years of sales experience, 22 years of telecom experience and 20 years in the channel. We sat down with Chris to learn a little more about him.
- How many years have you worked in sales? 26 Telecom? 22 The channel? 20
- Can you provide a brief summary of your experience in the channel?
I started my first channel job in 1998 building out a program for one of the large ISPs of the day. After the dot com bubble burst and a few false starts, I found myself as a channel manager out of Oklahoma City. While I had a great run in the local role, my journey really began in 2006 when I met Jason Dishon as we started working with our first master agent. The rest as they say is history!
- What are three words you would choose to describe yourself?
Determined, Animated, and Trustworthy
- And to describe working at Nitel?
Surprising, Energetic, and Innovative!
- What’s your proudest moment working at Nitel?
The launch of the Elite Partner Program, and watching the success it has brought to the Nitel channel.
- What is something you have learned while working at Nitel?
This industry is in a constant state of flux. If you are not willing to adapt and change, you can go from hero to zero in an instant! Nitel has a wonderful vision for the future, and I am excited to be a part of it.
- If you were a Nitel service, which one would you be and why?
Easy, I would be a fully loaded SD-WAN device – I am constantly prioritizing my tasks and applications while firewalling my partners and coworkers!
- Talk about something you’re passionate about outside of work.
In the last few years, my non-work life has been consumed by Midwest City High School, where you can generally find me dealing with some volunteer work for the band, the cross country team, or the color guard. Trumpets, sneakers, and flags oh my!
- Name one item on your bucket list.
The family and I spend a lot of weekends hitting Comic and Fandom Conventions across the country collecting autographs and meeting actors from the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Meeting Robert Downey Jr is the endgame!